Friday, August 7, 2009

What the Geek is Going on?!

Like you, I will weekly publish a 100+ word post.

I am a gigantic nerd. I still read comic books (I read real books too), I watch some really bad TV shows, and I take movies and other forms of Pop Culture way too seriously. I am, by all modern standards of social behavior, a nerd. I don't dress-up or go to conventions or anything, but if you wanna talk nerd-ish, put aside a few hours...I have some stuff to say. I like to think I make it look good, but, the truth is, I probably don't. Whatever. I like what I like, and I love the panicked looks on people's faces when I mention Superman, Romantic British Poetry, Star Wars or Dr. Who.

HA! You're probably making the face right now. And yes, I get to grade your papers. Tune in weekly, and I'll tell you what I'm geeking out about this week.

1 comment:

  1. Although I agree with you and don't doubt your nerdiness for a moment, I must say that the nerdiest nerds of all are the ones that live out their lives completely oblivious to the awkwardness of their nerdy obsessions and fantasy-based escapes from the cold realities of life.

    ReplyDelete